RAW formatting flash drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xandor the Great, May 18, 2014.

1. Xandor the Great

Xandor the Great Private E-2

Need help!
    My usb flash drive turned into RAW, when i was trying to make it bootable. The whole process failed, of course, but i want to get my flash back (no recoverable data on it).
    I have tried formatting it using Command Prompt:
    Also some bunch of guys said that it will work with Disk Management. The problem is that my flash drive doesn't even appear on my drives' list, even though it does show on My Computer. In fact, when inserting the USB drive, it popped-up a message which told me to format. I clicked ok, but "Windows was unable to complete the format".
    Any other downloadable apps from the Internet didn't helped me either.

So, any suggestions? :tired

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Xandor the Great

Xandor the Great Private E-2

Thanks. It really worked :cool

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I've used that tool in Windows 2K, XP and 7 to format USB sticks. I have it archived here and in the cloud just in case I can't find it anywhere.

Glad to hear that you have your stick back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds