Has anyone tried Revo Uninstaller with Win7

Discussion in 'Software' started by LauraR, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone tried Revo with Win7 or 64bit? It's not supported. Would it hurt me to try it?

I'm running Window7 64bit

2. LauraR

Nevermind. I just installed it fine and surprisingly they didn't load much crap on here (HP seems to be miles better than Dell on that front). I thought for sure the Add/Remove was lying to me. :-D

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. LauraR

Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't there. Even though it gave me the option and I checked 'None' I still got Norton installed. :rolleyes I've always had Dell though in the past and that was far worse than this is. Now, it could be that the manufacturers have gotten a bit better at not loading so much crap.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Nah. ;) I bought an eMachine desktop a few weeks back. I had to go through and use Revo to get rid of junk.
    There might still be the odd remnant I haven't stumbled over yet. I'm keeping Revo handy. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds