Got new cell phone.

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigfurrykid, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

I just got a Samsung Intensity 2 and am looking to transfer my contacts from my old phone.
    I had a Palm Centro that has infrared and have seen the infrared used to transfer that information before, I just have no idea how to do it.

Any ideas, or should I take them to the Verizon store and let them do it?
    The nearest Verizon store is about 20 minutes away.
    TIA.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Verizon has a service that is free for their phones called Backup Assistant that you just have to activate. Have you already activated your new phone? From what I'm seeing, the Palm Centro is compatible with it. The problem is if you have already transferred your number to your new phone.

It's pretty easy, using Verizon's site, to transfer you number from one phone to another, set up backup assistant, reactivate your new phone, then again activate backup assistant. Verizon has it all layed out for you, or you could call their customer service and they'd do it all for you.

https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/ba_nab/overview_def.jsp

So I guess the questions are:

-Have you already activated your new phone?
    -Do you have an online account set up with them?

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you've already transferred your number to your new phone, and the Backup Assistant doesn't work, it might be easier just to go in to the Verizon store. Their service was surprisingly quick and convenient.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds