internet explorer 7 wont open and cant access internet options...

Discussion in 'Software' started by tibidisdik44, Jun 5, 2010.

1. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

I am running windows XP-64 bit sp2
    Intel Core2 Quad Cpu 6600 @ 2.40ghz
    4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

it was never like that about a week ago, but 1 day I got on and it said "internet explorer (no-add ons) and I wasnt able to get them (add-ons) to work, it said they were turned on, but wouldn't run...I reset IE, nothing...now after I tried that, internet options & IE are completely broke down! Plz help!

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to the software forum. Until there is a better reason to suspect malware, the Software Forum is more appropriate to fix issues with Internet Explorer or your Windows installation.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

To be sure it is not your connection, get someone to download Firefox for you. Try to get on the internet with FF. Tell us if you succeeded or failed.

4. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

yes, I'm sorry I forgot to post that I tried installing IE8,reinstalling IE7, then tried repair with XP installation CD...I also picked up a trojan called "trojan agent/Gen krpytyk" on superantispyware and I have noticed ALOT more pops ups that seem to come up at random...I will post my HJT log if it helps,Thx!
    Oh! and I already have firefox, it seems to work fine, except for the pop-ups...

Attached Files:

5. plodr

You do not post hijack logs here until they are asked for.

It sounds like you have malware.
    Start here:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
    and do what is said. When you've run the MGTools, go here
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35
    and post the files asked for, as an attachment to your post. You should have mentioned all of this in your first post so chaslang would have kept your post in malware and you'd have gotten the proper help sooner. The more info you supply us with, the better we are able to help.

6. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

here is my MG log, sas and mbam logs....I run XP 64 bit so those are the only ones I can run

Attached Files:

7. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

here is MG log

Attached Files:

8. plodr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds