Unable to Access User Accounts .

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tlecuauhtli, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Here goes..After all the pain of unistalling Norton IS 05 ad Webroot and among other programs that was causing my HD to go down the toilet.Well,we have to say atleast i ve found another problem.

2. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Srry for that..I didnt get the chance to finish it.The error says :The System cannot find find the file specified.

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

What file was that?:)

4. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Dont know for sure..its that when i ad to clean up my HD from that cursed Norton everything went wierd.oh its also says that 'g_Navigator" is a null or not an object.wierd..

5. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Imight be missing a dll or something.

6. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Any one there?

7. Tlecuauhtli

Tlecuauhtli Private E-2

Any Ideas?> experiences ?

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What causes this error to appear?

Heh, I'm having a similar problem at the moment. I have to delete this directory, but despite having admin privledges, it denies access when I attempt to open it, and when I attempt to delete it, I get Unable to delete file: cannot read from source file or disk. I ran a chkdsk on the volume, and it found errors...

9. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Heh, I'm having a similar problem at the moment. I have to delete this directory, but despite having admin privileges, it denies access when I attempt to open it, and when I attempt to delete it, I get Unable to delete file: cannot read from source file or disk. I ran a chkdsk on the volume, and it found errors. << Mada_Milty

Hi Mada_Milty,

Since you get the error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" (when trying to remove a directory); I recommend you use Delete FXP Files from JRTwine Software.

The Delete FXP Files application will correctly [and safely] handle situations like these, allowing you to easily remove those directories and files. Delete FXP Files will delete any file/directory that you need it to get rid of.

It is an application which provides you with a GUI method of deleting directories and filenames. This problem usually stems from various folders and/or files being created that contain “reserved identifiers” and confuse Windows Explorer, making it difficult to delete them.

NOTE: This application has various licenses but "Free Edition" includes ‘Delete Functionality’

Good Luck!

10. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Thanks, COMPUABLE, looks like a tight app. Gave her a whirl, and the unregistered version won't recursively delete folders, nor will it open the folder. I mentioned a chkdsk earlier, but I didn't say it was a simple read-only... I just have to find time to take this server down for a repair chkdsk, I think that will cure the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds