Realtek AC'97 driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by OrienteeringPRo, Nov 14, 2004.

1. OrienteeringPRo

OrienteeringPRo Private E-2

I just bought a new computer with a formatted hard drive. I installed windows XP, but the drivers for the audio (Realtek AC'97) will not load. I already downloaded and tried wmd_a365 many many times, but i still get this message.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I saw the thread about the new codecs for AC'97, but when I downloaded it, all it was was a security catalog file, an unknown system file and a setup information file. I tried searching and replacing the same named files in my drivers folder, but that didnt do anything. Worst of all, now windos says that "The hardware on your copmutetr has significantly changed, you must re-register your windows" and they want me to buy a new product key! I just bought windows XP 2 days ago for 200 bucks!

Processor: AMD 64 3000+
    HD: 160GB
    RAM: 512 MB
    Any help is greatly appreciated, this comp is supposed to be a suprise for mym mom when she gets back from visiting my sister and nephew, and I'd really like to get it working before she gets back!

2. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

i have the same sound card and the disk that came with it if there is away to send you the files then let me know how and i will! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds