I just discovered this site and need some help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Belgium07, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Belgium07

Belgium07 Private E-2

I need to download Microsoft Office 2003. I had a trial version on a laptop I bought for my daughter but it expired and the "convert to full version" option is not working. Microsoft has not been much help. I do not want to mess with Office 2007, conversion of old docs, etc. I assume all Microsoft cares about is selling 2007 stuff. I cannot seem to find a site that has Office 2003 as a download. And, I'm probably an idiot if you tell me it's on MajorGeeks.com.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

I haven't read anything that MS is completely abandoning 2003 but it makes sense that they are shifting focus to 2007.

Are you not able to purchase a copy from a store anymore?

4. Belgium07

Belgium07 Private E-2

I'm willing to pay. But I'm in Brussels and the stores only have it in French or Dutch. I was hoping to download it from a software vendor.

5. Belgium07

Belgium07 Private E-2

Many, many thanks to Halo

Your link to the MS Office 2003 product key section saved the day !! MS never suggested it when I asked. I assume they just want to push Office 2007 right now. Anyway, many thanks.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Glad that helped Belgium07, sadly unless you get a cluey tech support agent ( which their are many, you just have to be lucky ), they really do not know how to search their own Knowledge Base properly!

Yes like all companies they will want to push their newest product, but they should still answer your question on the product your inquiring about as its still on the supported list.

anyway glad you have it all sorted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds