multi boot problem with asus p5k-e

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larr, Jun 9, 2011.

1. larr

larr Private E-2

i have a problem thats driving me up the wall. the MB is a asus p5k-e wifi running windows xp. I'm running osl 2000 mutibootting software on 3 hds. everything worked fine for around 3 years but all of a sudden this problem shows up, it stopped booting the 2 other hds. i can switch the sata connectors around on MB and the other drives will boot. it don't seem to matter what sata socket i plug the drives in, it might boot and it might not. i can remove all hds except one from MB and it will boot but with all 3 installed only one will no matter which connector its plugged into. let me say that when this happens the drives will get to the windows boot up screen then freeze and restart. I'm thinking it might be the MB thats why i posted in the hardware forum. i tried reinstalling osl2000 with no luck. any suggestions will be much appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds