Canon Scanner error messages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budweiserbeauty, Jan 9, 2006.

1. budweiserbeauty

budweiserbeauty Private E-2

CanoScan3000F

I am getting the following error messages:
    Error in scanner. Turn off scanner and followin instructions in manual. Scanner driver will be closed.(Code:201)

Once I press "OK" the next message appears:
    There is a TWAIN error. Maybe the device is not connected.

I went to Canon's troubleshooting website and followed the troubleshooting tips for the first error message and the TWAIN one...both didn't help.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still is giving me the same messages. I bought this over 2 years ago and it has always done this. Only once maybe every 1/10 times will it work...just won't any other time.

can anyone help???????

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which windows version are you using and is it fully upto date?

How is the scanner connected, USB? if USB, how many other USB hardware items do you have and if you unplug all of them apart from Scanner, Mouse, Keyboard does it work ok?

Have you checked for any updated drivers for the scanner?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds