Slow internet (slow connection speed)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mg154, Jun 7, 2009.

1. mg154

mg154 Private E-2

Just recently started to notice the speed of my connection has greatly slowed down! I am on a desktop PC that is using a linksys wireless USB adapter to connect to my router. I looked at the speed and it was like 18mbps when it used to be like 54mbps. Now my laptop on the other hand if i have it right where i have the same desktop pc connects to the router and receives a speed of 54mbps. Whats going on here? why did my desktop pc suddenly get slower? Its prolly just a coincidence but right after I installed frostwire it seemed like thats when it got slower. (no frostwire isnt running and thats not why it seems like my connection is slower). But there isnt really a way that an application could cause my actual connection speed to slow down is there? The only thing that i can think of is that my linksys wireless usb adapter is going bad or something? does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on what is going on here??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds