Fatal error help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by illus1onz, Apr 15, 2010.

1. illus1onz

illus1onz Private E-2

I'm using Windows 7, and I recently installed google chrome and tried to watch streaming videos. All of a sudden my pc turns off and I get the blue screen. I try to restart but the pc wont start. I get the recovery disk and the pc works again, but this has happen twice, and here is the blue screen message the pops up. Can anyone help me figure out what this is?

C000021a
    0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x00100498)

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

something from microsoft about that error (note that its for xp, but might help for 7):
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

since it occurs when you are viewing videos, are you using the correct drivers for your video? sound? chipset?

3. illus1onz

illus1onz Private E-2

Actually I think I am, but before I was going to watch it said something about ffdshow codec thing and it didn't have it. So maybe it's something with that.

4. illus1onz

illus1onz Private E-2

Lol ok another blue screen now it says c00002e3 security accounts manger initializationg failed of the following error: the media is write protected.
    error status: 0xc0000189. I looked for the DMP dump file and got it, if anyone can look at it and see wuts wrong. I uploaded the file to rapidshare cause I didn't know what to upload it to. So here is the file http://rapidshare.com/files/376391825/04...1.dmp.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds