intel graphics driver software???

Discussion in 'Software' started by milena, Oct 8, 2005.

1. milena

milena Private E-2

have up gradedfrom Win98 to Win XP being new to this have just clicked
    'next" now find that my speakers do not work.{ Not so daft as to NOT print off warning} have upgraded this driver but still not working. Do I need to UNINSTAL my new winXP or can I do something else ??? :confused: : SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
    i HAVE AN OLD PENTIUM3 933 that has just been repaired so can not afford to spend much more

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Do you know what Intel Graphics card or onboard graphics you have? this will help in finding the correct driver for winXP.

Intels page on Graphics http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/ ( has nice option of identifying your graphics controller )

3. milena

milena Private E-2

thank you for reply it is intel"r"810/810e 815/815e chipset graphics driver software.This came up when i instaled xp and i DID print it off just didnt take any notice.Have now UNINSTALLED xp but still have no sound am just about to give up on the comp at my age i do not need this STRESS

4. DavidGP

So your now back to Win98?

815 chipset drivers ( this covers USB, Audio and graphics and should be installed before the driver below as it will allow better compatibility for hardware )
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=816
    Choose your windows version from the drop down list and his is what you are looking for INF Update Utility [INFINST_ENU.EXE] to download

Intel Graphics driver for the 815e chipsets
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=797
    just choose your version of windows from the drop down list.

5. milena

milena Private E-2

thak you for answer. yes got rid of xp found the chip thingy and downloadedit befor your answer . :rolleyes: Of course i didnt do DRIVER as i thought it is there :mad: Still didnt work so i gave up{typical woman} Got your note AFTER I REINSTALED XP and am now going to do as you sugessted and put DRIVER IN 1st :) then DOWN LOAD CHIP
    bOY IS MY INTERNET SUPPLIER GOING TO MAKE MONEY OUT OF ME THIS MONTH :rolleyes: Thank you for your help as i know i had sound before and hope i get it on now milena

6. milena

milena Private E-2

hello she is back again to bug you. :) did drivers 1st then the exe one downloaded fine everything is there as now have a little graphic screen in right bottom screen {what i need it for i dont know/but is pretty :rolleyes: }
    BUT still no sound :mad: i think i may have to live without it.Any more ideas? at least i am learning something here thankx

7. DavidGP

Just so I have this in my head correct which version of windows do you now have installed? XP or 98 ( and is Win98 the SE version ) ?

8. milena

milena Private E-2

still on xp dont give up on me as i have NO idea what am going to do.still no sound and had to replace my wheelchair too boot.This has NOT been a good week Would it be worthwile to replace the driver or the same problem???

9. FastcomDirect.com

FastcomDirect.com Private E-2

I recomend the computer manufacturer support site for drivers. If you have a Gateway system, you can put in your serial number and come up with the correct drivers. Or go direct to the manufacturer.

10. DavidGP

I won't give up on you ( busy time for me so time is less frequent for me ) but is it just still sound thats not working for you?

Great that you have the Chipset and Graphic Drivers installed :)

If you do have a Pre-built PC, who made it?

If you go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager, do you see any Yellow ! marks... if so what by?

As you are using XP, what service pack do you have installed? ( you can find this out from the above bit ( Control Panel > System and just above Registered to it will tell you Version and Service Pack info )

Sound driver, well I may need you to download this to help in identifying your motherboard manufacturer EVEREST once installed it gives alot of info about your pc quickly, to find motherboard maker click Computer > Summary and listed under Motherboard will be Motherboard name... what does it say?

11. milena

milena Private E-2

ok installed everest motherboard info is
    m/brd dmi name ibm/6568n2a
    bus type intel gtl+
    bus width 64bit clock 133mhz
    chipset prop bus typeintel hub inteface// bus width 8bit
    bios ibm //version/pikt35a
    If this makes ANY sense to you as i am TOTALLY LOST
    hope this helps

12. DavidGP

13. milena

milena Private E-2

what is Java script? I tried to download the software for sound max as you suggested & a window popped up "down load director failed or java script disabled" there is already sound max in as i went to add/remove and saw it tried to click "change" and it went to a blue screen ,came up as" failed to load system error 0*80040702 setup will now terminate"Which seems to mean {i may be wrong} it has NOT been installed right in the first place!!! I have NOT had Java prob b4 so now how & what???

14. DavidGP

You may not have Java installed, I didnt notice sorry that it used a java popup window to access the download :(

now you have two options.........

1. Download Java http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_J2SE_Runtime_Environment_d4648.html and download the file again yourself

2. I downloaded the driver file and hosted it here for you http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3R4EEM0K7KZHD3LYEUYNZCTX07

if you already have a Sound Max installed, remove/uninstall it, if possible, then install the new one or if it wont uninstall try installing the new one anyway.

15. milena

milena Private E-2

down loaded java after i had sent yr note this morning got yr message so opened and downloaded still no sound it did come up with repair/uninstal.Should i uninstal? as i clicked repair but no such luck

16. milena

milena Private E-2

I can not say THANK YOU ENOUGH. I have sound
    When it was upgraded he put in another conector for sound and today when i finally took it in to find out what was wrong he conected it RIGHT and BINGO SOUND
    ************************i FEEL A RIGHT IDIOT
    THANKS FOR HAVING A "MAJOR GEEKS" FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME

17. DavidGP

Do you know what I never thought of the motherboard connectors!! :( think that is the downside to troubleshooting from the other side of the world.... you dont get your sticky fingers on the actual pc, opposed to virtually fixing it.

Glad you now have sound.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds