IE causes system to become unresponsive !

Discussion in 'Software' started by geneman, Oct 9, 2007.

1. geneman

geneman Private First Class

Hi Guys

have been finding this prob with my hp desktop , which is 512 mb ram, 1.8 GHz AMD athalon processor, with 80 GB HD. the problem is when i am surfing and if i open a lot of browsers (say about 8-9), then suddenly i cannt minimize or maximize or close the minimized browsers (i use IE). i also even cannt open any other application, the cursor keeps moving normal but if click on something to open it, just the dumbell appears for a second but nothing happens after that.. even i cannt open the program list by clicking on "Start".
    please help me in solving this problem..

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Get more RAM
    2. Don't open 8 or 9 instances of IE
    Your system resources are being depleted.

3. geneman

geneman Private First Class

with that same ram i was using it from last 4-5 years, how come suddenly that much ram is not enough? could you please explain little more.. and is there a way to confirm that actually low ram is the culprit?
    my laptop has same 512mb ram and works fine..

many thanks for the kind reply !

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

First thing I would do is to try another browser (Firefox for example) and see if you have the same issue. I doubt it is your ram.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds