Help contacting mgnews

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shashikumar bhat, Jun 7, 2012.

1. shashikumar bhat

shashikumar bhat Private E-2

Do not know where to post this so I am posting here.
    I had some weird experience while downloading from this site which I want to bring to the notice of my seniors. Tried to email mgnews@ majorgeeks as mentioned in 'contact us' but my gmail account says it is not recognized. Can not PM because I do not have the privilege. Can somebody please guide me?
    Regards.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

That email address should be fine, and I guess you removed the space between @ and m in the address? (just checking)

But you can post your issue here in this thread and we can bring what it is to the owners attention for you.

3. shashikumar bhat

Thanks for the reply. Tried your suggestion but no use. So here goes:
    This is regarding the strange behavior of one of the downloads, ie Firefox-15.0a2.en- US.win32.installer.exe. I have downloaded the file 3 times with the same result:
    Instead of going to the author's site as mentioned, starts downloading from majorgeeks site. I have tried downloading by Download Accelerator and Firefox"s default down loader but the result is same.
    Instead of 17 odd mb, only 6 odd mb is downloaded.
    While trying to install, Avast says the file is suspicious and is being sandboxed.
    Then there is a pop up saying the file is corrupt.
    I have downloaded many useful software from here.This is the first time I have encountered something like this.
    Sorry for troubling you but any ideas why this is happening?
    Regards.

4. DavidGP

Hi

No trouble at all.

Just been looking into this myself and I get the download fine, now Firefox 15.0a2 AKA Aurora is coming off mozilla's ftp server, odd occcasion some download manager/accellerators and/or browsers cannot open the FTP properly.

Yeah I can see why Avast has sandboxed it as a half downloaded file would be sucpicious and normal.

Now to try and help you download it, try Internet Explorer to download the file, and when you click on the download at auhtors site link HERE click the <<< Click here if it does not >>> graphic at the top and see if that helps.

very likely an issue with your browser and/or the addons (download managers) not liking FTP server locations. Although I have just tried the download from Mozilla 15.0a2 [Nightly] and that opened the FTP for Aurora ok, so very likely a browser addon, try Firefox in its Safe Mode (no addons) to do this close any open Firefox window, then press Shift down on your keyboard and click the shortcut to Firefox then you should get a dialogue box with options to open in Safe Mode, do this then try the download again.

Hope this helps.

5. shashikumar bhat

Thank you very much for your reply. Had nothing to do so tried again just now with firefox default down loader and succeeded. Installed and is working beautifully. Wanted to inform here and saw your prompt reply. Thanks for the explanations. Maybe yesterday was my bad day.
    Great site with very good people.
    Regards.

6. DavidGP

HI

Many thanks for the update on this issue and feeback on the site, I'm glad you enjoy the downloads offered and the people, chat and info on the forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds