Really, REALLY, NEW!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Spankmeitsok, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Spankmeitsok

Spankmeitsok Private E-2

Okay, so I did the entire downl,... Oops, HEY! JEEZ! Where are my manners? I should say "Hello," first, HOW RUDE!
    -------
    Hi, Hello, Major Geeks Gang. Thanks so much for allowing me the priveledge of joining yawl!
    I assume there are many regulars :grouphug here, and/or people who will correctly direct me in the proper lateral, so, I'm just going to apologize right off the bat, I'm 99.9% certain I will post at least once in the wrong place. :eek:

I have downloaded & run my HIJACK This program, and it looks pretty hairy.:eek
    No, but seriously, this computer has been used & abused by all three of my daughters who each have no clue what I mean when I say, "DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!" I think I have 67 different "Trial Versions," of Virus & Malware protection, not to mention that d%&$# IMVU, they continue to re-upload no matter how badly they're threatened. ;)
    So, I think I saw someone post their "Log Results," somewhere once, and I am kinda-sorda thinking it was here. This site. Am I correct? If so, are there any kind individuals that might want to have a look for me,.... it's so cluttered, and so many things are attached to the start up, drives me nuts.
    PLEASE, if anyone has a moment to spare to properly direct me, I'd be so-so grateful, I might even stop "Over-Using," punctuations! (There is a 12 step program for that right? Like "Semi-colons anonymous?" `er something? Yes?)

I Thank You, Prodigiously Precedingly.....;)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome Spankme (heh..funny nic)

You will need to proceed to the Malware Forum where you will then need to perform all steps of the Read and Run Me First thread.

Then you will need to start a new thread in that forum and post all the requested logs. Do not even bother with your hijack this log as you will be instructed to uninstall it and allow it to be installed corrected through one of the steps in the Malware Removal procedures.

Good luck :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. mart_knip

mart_knip Private E-2

Hey there i am new to the MG forums! But not new to the infinity of MG, as for safe downloads! I ran the (Read and run) and let me tell you thing thing kicks ***, what really helped me is the Combo-fix.exe! that thing rocked! I mean my pc (Vista is way more faster and no more of this stupid VUNDO.gen!t,

THANK MG fo posting this R & R
    Martin

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Vundo is notoriously hard to get rid of.

You would be advised to post the logs of the scans you did in Read & Run Me in the malware forum.

That way the malware experts can see if it is completely gone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds