Hello there

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fw190, May 8, 2012.

1. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

not dead.

just haven't been around.

How are all of the OG's here at majorgeeks?

2. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Hey, F.W.!...Long-time, no-see.:wave
    ~ What's happenin', Dude?;)

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

FW190 I remember you! You stopped posting soon after I joined:confused

JK:-D

Welcome back!

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Rikky, you are a riot! :)

5. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

Back!

stil building stupid things.
    Bought Jennie a Jeep.
    Tearing apart my motorhome and swapping bodies.
    It's either the best idea ever or the worst. We'll see how loading an ambulance body on a trailer goes tomorrow.

6. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

and apparently my 10K+ posts have been pruned :(

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey FW

You may have known me as "Halo" on the forum, I decided to use my real name in part for a while now.

Good to know you are still with us. AS for your 10K+ posts yeah many had some pruned a long while ago in a clean up exercise.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I is alive as well.

9. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

well no shit.

didn't you send me some tea once?

I'm still drinking earl grey and constant comment.

who's seen Kodo?

10. DavidGP

Dunno I sent a few things years ago to folk but Tea I don't think I did :confused

Nope on Jim, don't think I have seen him around on the forum for many a year, will have to look and see if I have his email addy somewhere and drop the old kodo a line.

11. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

to the top.

sold big stupid jeep.
    bought another stupid jeep to do a full restore on.
    still haven't finished project toterhome.

12. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

I'm still alive too

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No way!

Haven't seen you in forever!

14. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Yup, still kickin. I just heard that Dale Perino passed away though & thought I'd stop in and see if there was a thread about him. Hopefully someone will post one and give the particulars.

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is terrible :(

16. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Kodo san still lurks now and then, as do I.

He MAY(?) have finally reached maturity.
    Kids will do that to ya.

17. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

and just stopping by.

finished toterhome
    sold it
    sold the restoration MJ, replaced it with a long bed MJ, still have a basement full of jeep parts.
    bought 22' aluminum hull for boat project
    Now into fast euro wagons and race car things.

DavidGP likes this.
  18. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wow! I joined after this thread was started... :D
    I'll just say hi!

19. DavidGP

Holy crap (tm)
    FW you still kicking this mortal coil :)
    Good to hear from you and glad all going well...

Interested in" Now into fast euro wagons and race car things! so what euro cars and post pics

20. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Glad to see you back around, FW. Still no recent word from Kodo. He must really be busy.

21. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

The gathering of old geeks and new ones.

I have been hidden on the seen since 2004 i only joined with in the last few years.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  22. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

lol...congrats on completing you're project(s?)! Where do you intend taking the boat once that project finishes?:D

23. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

an e91 BMW and my wife's turbo volvo.

her wagon now makes double the factory boost.
    my junk is N/A and heavy, but apparently good enough for an 87 mph speeding ticket the other day.
    aircraft got me.

I just finished rebuilding the front end of her car last night. New control arms, struts, strut mounts, balljoints, the whole thing.
    I need to do the valve cover and OFHG on mine. Parts are sitting here.
    and my brother and I will be tackling the clutch on my sister in laws FJ cruiser next week.

24. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

I'm an hour from lake erie.

a 22ft deep v with 150hp is the right boat for that.

25. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  26. DavidGP

Nice is the 3 series touring( the UK we just dont do the full model designation its a 3 Series Touring, not an E91), the wagons are a good family car TBH, look really good too.

27. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

no one in the US knows what a Touring even means. it was labeled the "sport wagon" here.

Sadly they'd all rather buy SUVs built on the same chassis that are heavier, taller and suck.
    THere were only 12 thousand 3 series wagons imported over the entire lifespan of the e9x chassis. and the new wagons aren't selling either. They stopped bringing the 5 series wagon in. I talked with the factory BMW rep at Mid Ohio in the spring, I asked him if America would ever see high performance wagons ever again, he literally laughed at me.

They're killing is with X3s and X5s, and until America wakes up and realizes that all the crossovers are just cars that drive worse, we'll not get anything euro wagon in the future.
    I was surprised that GM brought a euro wagon to the states under the buick brand. I looked at one recently, I would own it. I would be way more thrilled if it had something more than a 2 liter turbo 4 pot, but you takes what you can get.

clutch swap sucked of course. Everyone tells me how easy toyotas are to work on, but obviously they've never dealt with the clutch in a modern 4runner.

the xc70 just got an alignment and 4 new falken tires. I also finished it's radio install, and fixed the shifter so manual mode would work again.
    I have a turbo drain line leak that I'm probably going to have to address soon, and that's gonna suck, hard.

DavidGP likes this.
  28. DavidGP

Yes and I kinda like the "wagon" designation better TBH.

Do like a Volvo, the new XC40 or the AMD GLC 43 or 63 coupe, and Alfa Stelvio Quadrafoglio has my eye at present, still will keep small Abarth 595 tho.

29. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

I'm not sure what I'm going to replace the XC70 with, but my wife wants it to be another volvo.

I'll probably go v60. Be super awesome if I can find a 6 speed AWD model, but my wife refuses to drive three pedals and it will be hers.

We're on that buy a depreciated luxury car, refurbish it yourself and drive it for another 100K miles plan.
    I paid 9 grand for my e91, I've put another thousand dollars worth of maintenance stuff in it over the course of the first year, but it still drives like it was a 50K dollar BMW wagon.

DavidGP likes this.
  30. DavidGP

Ive been specing an XC40 today, need to test drive one TBH, do love the design. GLC is a contender tho...
    I hear you on the second hand lux car buying if you can find spec you want as its always a winner as you say the soon as move off forecourt depreciation is gone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds