I need help!! Please!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lohtka, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Lohtka

Lohtka Private E-2

Hello all, I am new here, and currently very stupid when it comes to computers. I am a 35 year old mother of 2 and in the process of earning my degree in the computer industry. I have a problem and need help.
    Ok so here is the scenerio, I received an alert that somebody is trying to connect to port 3389, and then the mouse pointer at my desks started moving. Obviously I know that means someone is in my system. I tried to ping the network to see where it is coming from, and then I blocked the port, but I need to figure out how to check and see if they are on any other systems, and if not how to isolate it so that they can't get into any other system, and what else to do to find out what files they accessed and how to make sure it does not happen again, I mean I know I can change my firewall but as I said before I am pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff. Anyone out there that can help? I would appreciate it, Thanks, Lohtka

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Welcome to MG. :)

Apart from running the programs indicated in the Malware forum sticky have a look here https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 It'll tell you where your security is falling down. rolleyes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. Lohtka

Lohtka Private E-2

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds