DirectX 9 fails to update

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oscuro, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Oscuro

Oscuro Private E-2

When I try to update, I keep receiving this error:

A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

Can anyone help me please? :(

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hey Oscuro.The box, really seems to be giving you grief. Did you sort out the earlier issues. I presume you fixed the vgaoem.fon and KB 953838 issues. Try this http://ask-leo.com/a_cabinet_file_cannot_be_trusted_-_why.html for the DirectX issue. Scroll down and give Chad's solution a go .
    I would seriously consider a repair install. Cheers...

3. Oscuro

Oscuro Private E-2

Hey again sikvik!

Funny thing about my vgaoem.fon problem... I took off my wires (SATA/power) off my new HD and put it on my old one (with the problems) to see if doing the XP repair thing would work, but I forgot to press "R" like it specifies too. So, it booted up and instead of giving me an error, it did some kind of BIOS scan disk or something. Whatever it was, it got back a ton of files that were missing (such as vgaoem.fon) and replaced other files as well.

The KB problem... I ignored it. If its only optional, then why bother eh?

I now have my old hard drive back online, but it has a TON of problems. What im going to do is move some files that I really need or want from here to my new HD and see if I can somehow reformat this old one and wipe it out so it can be good as new. You wouldnt happen to know how to reformat/format a hard drive would you? I'll thank you two times if you help me out with this AND if your advice of DirectX 9 helped! :-D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds