new to this site and need help posting my problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Vaio User, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Vaio User

Vaio User Private E-2

I hope this works - I seem to be restricted from posting anywhere else. Is this where you post your problem?

2. Vaio User

Vaio User Private E-2

I guess I should have included my problem. Seems like I was hit by the Trojan:DOS/Alureon.A. I started having problems on the 16th but it was still working. Last night after a system restore it recommended a full system scan, which I performed with Norton, which had to redownload its update due to the system restore. After updating and performing the full system scan, it found this trojan virus and removed two instances but when attempting to remove the third one it went to the blue screen and displayed the message that it was shutting down to prevent system damage. Since then when it boots it receives a startup error and wants to launch startup repair but it only gets stuck at the repair screen for hours and I have to remove the battery to start over. When trying to start it normally, it loops back to the same startup error screen. I kept trying to use the startup repair until it finally told me that it could not repair automatically.

I read the information for newbies and I cannot download anything on there as I cannot get it to boot normally. I look at other forums on my secondary computer, where I was able to download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 on my USB drive and run the program. Attached is the FRST.txt log, as requested to another user. Also, I tried to download TDSS Killer & Rootkit buster from your site on my USB drive but received the following error in command prompt: the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present.

Any help will be appreciated my VAIO has been rendered unusable! :cry

Also my details - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit w/Norton Antivirus Software used

Attached Files:

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome. Can you please explain 'information for newbies' as I'm not sure what you mean by that.

If you would like help with your Malware issue here, you will have to perform all steps in this removal instruction thread: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

If you can not perform one of the steps, proceed to the next step. Post all your logs in a NEW thread in Malware Removal (if that is where you were trying to post, you would not be able to do so as only our Malware experts and the original poster are allowed to post in the threads which is why you should start your own thread).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds