No audio, can't reinstall driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chaff96, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Chaff96

Chaff96 Private E-2

Hi,

My friend was recently messing with the drivers on my laptop and has uninstalled my audio driver (charming :mad). I re-found the driver (Conexant HD Audio driver) and downloaded it, but I keep getting an error when I try to re-install. Something about it not being able to find media device? I have no idea what it's on about.

Do I need something else before I can install it?

Thanks,

2. omarizgreat

omarizgreat Private E-2

i'm not an expert by any means but you may have the wrong driver. i use this program to find the exact driver that i need. it will give you the name of the driver so you can search for it on the net.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

3. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

same boat as omarizgreat, but I would sugest going to control panel > system > device manager, and scroll down to sound, video and game controllers. if there is a yellow exclamation mark in front of Media Control device click trouble shoot and try reinstalling the drivers there. you will need your xp disk. then after that reinstall your audio driver. with the info given I hope this helps.

4. Chaff96

Chaff96 Private E-2

Thanks for the replies guys.

I checked in device manager and there's no exclamations. Under the section mentioned, although yesterday there was one under Other Devices > Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. However this has dissapeared now and just says there's no drivers installed for this device (I have no idea if this was supposed to be there already or not).

I'm pretty sure it's the right driver I'm trying to install, as I downloaded it from www.pcservicecall.co.uk who deal with my Philips-Freevents.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds