can safemode bypass power on password

Discussion in 'Software' started by gabby3457, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gabby3457

gabby3457 Private E-2

Hi all

trying to set up a protected computer for my partner's cousin. Her 17 year old son knows more than she does (but not as much as us!) and keeps getting into her computer to go to places online he's not supposed to! :crap

we're about to set up a bios power on password but are wondering if getting into safemode would bypass the password? He knows how to get into safemode and has done some damage to the software setup ... enough so that XP can't even do a systen restire!!

We found multiple accounts set up but could not get rid of all of them and only one shows up on the start up screen.

Trying to do a wipe and reinstall but even the restore CD from the computer can't be found!

Getting set up to reinstall XP but want to set up a password for her so that he can't do this stuff again!

Thanks in advance for answer.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No, SafeMode cannot bypass it. You are in the clear.

3. gabby3457

gabby3457 Private E-2

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was about 94% sure but wanted to get to that 100%!

4. jonlimle

jonlimle Private E-2

i have noticed that sometimes when you boot into safemode the windows logon screen has an extra account called administrator and you can go into that account and disable the password protected accounts password but i am pretty sure you are talking about a bios password

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds