restore administrator privileges

Discussion in 'Software' started by kendar, Dec 17, 2004.

1. kendar

kendar Private E-2

I lost my privileges and can't override norton internet security???? any help will be great.

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Kendar give us more info about the operating system yuo are using. Also is this your personal PC? How did you lose your privileges? What are the privileges that you lost, elaborate a bit...
    Can you get in to Local Users and Groups panel? (START > RUN > type lusrmgr.msc > OK
    Or is this a problem just getting in to Norton Internet Security program?

3. kendar

kendar Private E-2

os is xp 02 and it is a personal pc and I lost privileges after removing stopzilla
    and I keep getting error msg ox81000370 it looks to me that norton internet security has blocked access. any help will be great THANKS

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

It seems like NIS has crapped out but that doesn't mean you lost your Admin privileges to the system. If system restore is not an option, I would boot in 'Safe Mode' uninstall NIS, Delete the program folder under C:\Program Files\ and if you feel confident with registry editor, open it up and locate the related program key under HKLM\Software\ and delete it as well. But if you uninstall the program and delete its program folder, try rebooting afterwards and run a registry cleaner first, (to name a few free ones: RegScrub, RegSupreme, WT RegCleanerXP). After the cleanup is finished do one more reboot and try reinstalling the program. Also, I suggest you install the program to a different directory than before to minimize the re-occurance of the same problem (so instead of the default C:\Program Files\NIS choose another partition if you got one if not install it directly on C:\NIS...).
    Hope that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds