Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by penguin010, Jul 25, 2005.

1. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

Alrite Ive decided I want a laptop for size reasons. Now I have a few questions about them.

Ok first question is what processor type should I get: Intel or AMD? I use AMD for my desktops, so thats what Ive been focusing on.

Most sites allow you to configure the laptops however you want, and they all are somewhat similar. They all have the ATI 9700 cards, except fpr the Dell Inspiron 9300 with the NVIDIA 6800, but that laptop is a little expensive for me.

So Ive got a couple of configurations, all around $1400, from cyberpowerinc.com,and HP.

I think the HP may be better than the others for the same price. Here it is: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ons_continue.do

Here is the cyberpower one is: http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/car...0..v__d&ref=add

So enlighten me with your infinite knowledge.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I'll start your enlightenment by saying those links dont work [​IMG]

3. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

Lol thanks. For some reason, none of the links I post anywhere work. I think they may be saved in a cookie or something. ???

4. stiched

stiched Private First Class

if u would like help on choosing a laptop then are going to need to know what ur going to use it for, if ur gaming and editing ect then ur going to need a fancy one with lots of ram and a huge GPU and CPU. however if ur gonna be surfing the net and word processing them u could do with something a bit cheaper.

from what you said about paying £1400... i assume ur gonna be playing games or editing. i cant reccomend any websites or anything to you but personaly i would go AMD processor purly because they are know for being better for gaming, and intel are generally the more reliable.

5. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

Ya Im going to be doing about everything you can do on a comp.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds