"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ajmar222, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ajmar222

ajmar222 Private E-2

Hi. I'm really bad with computers and would appreciate some help and patience with my inexperience.

I have a Creative Zen Vision and I was trying to put my music and video files onto my computer so I could reorganize my media on the Zen (you can't do this unless you wipe the whole thing). I tried to move everything onto my laptop, but after about 6 GB transferred, it can up with an error message "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation". I had plenty of storage on my computer (at least 10 GB more than I should have needed to hold all the files).

Recently, I bought an external HDD (Western Digital My Book 500 Gb Essential Edition) and tried to transfer the files again. The same message came up after about 6 GB were transferred. I tried doing them in separate stages of about 2 GB at a time, but nothing will transfer after the first 6 GB. I can transfer files from my laptop to my HDD, but not from my Zen to my HDD after this point.

I restarted after the first 6 GB to see if I could build on that somehow, but still, nothing will move from my Zen. Nothing will go from my Zen to my laptop either.

Can anyone suggest a solution that doesn't involve the loss of my media? Thanks a bunch.

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Are you copying music from your creative zen to your computer? Might not let you copy music to your computer unless you have a specific program or hack for it. I had to get a Hack to get my music off my ipod. could be your problem too. Sorry I'm not much help. I'll dig around the internet and see if i can figure anything else out.

3. ajmar222

ajmar222 Private E-2

Yeah. I was trying to copy my media from my Zen to my computer, but it only allows me to transfer a certain amount before it stops working. I don't understand it. I'd guess something in my Zen broke because it won't play anything anymore. I'd appreciate it if you find anything that might help, but I think it's a lost cause at this point. Thanks anyway, for listening(/reading/whatever).

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Is your computer hard drive formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

If you go to My Computer, right click on the drive you are transferring to, then select properties. Does the 'File System' say FAT32 or NTFS?

5. ajmar222

ajmar222 Private E-2

My computer is formatted NTFS, and my external HDD is FAT32, but neither works.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  6. sl00py99

sl00py99 Private First Class

7. ajmar222

ajmar222 Private E-2

Actually, I usually use a bucket of water and a sponge to clean my computer. I only use the hammer to fix the tv. :eek:
    The link doesn't work for some reason. Could you please try posting it again? Thanks.

8. frankzro

frankzro Corporal

THATS EASY!!!, they External Must be NTFS, I ran into that same Prob man... Files over 4GBs orlike 3 GB's u can not Transfer if both are not NTFS

9. sl00py99

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

11. sl00py99

:eek: Thanks for the link, thee.

12. ajmar222

ajmar222 Private E-2

I was able to transfer everything to my HD using another computer, then I reformatted, but to no avail. I think its broken for good. I have to send it in for a diagnostic test now.
    I guess I just lost over $300.
    Thanks for the help anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds