Freemake Video Converter

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I just downloaded it but I have also just deleted it.

It includes a program called "happy face" or something like that which insists on opening when I open my browser. I also get a "You're a Winner!" stuff come up. I am not interested in their "free" gifts nor do I use Facebook more often than once a year. I refuse to waste time on this type of program and advise others to be cautious.

I'm surprised that MG recommends this type of program.

Forgot to mention - Search on Chrome is totally different when the Facemaker thing is installed.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Aargh! I can get rid of Facemoods! I can't even find it when I hit Search on my computer.

This is a program to avoid and it arrived with Freemake!

3. pistol

pistol Private First Class

4. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Many thanks, Pistol.

On Chrome, I hit the Wrench on the right-hand side top corner, Options, and changed the default search function to Google.

Facemaker is a search program and it is totally different from Google, with 'strange' links showing up.

Thank you so much for your help.

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

People are too quick to click click when installing stuff. So just to defend Majorgeeks from hosting this kind of software I just downloaded it myself just to show everyone that during installation there is CLEARLY an option to not include all the FaceMoods stuff. Thanks.

Untitled.png

If you choose the Quick Installation which is recommended then you don't get FaceMoods. Choose what I have highlighted in the pic and you get what Lavender got.

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

EDIT: What you would have to do is choose Parameters settings (Advanced) and deselect Install Facemoods Toolbar. Then it should install no problem without added unwanted extras!!

7. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Okay, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

8. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

And Lavender got the same thing again. Both programs will be uninstalled because I have no time for this nonsense.

I use Google to search the web but Facemood sets itself up as a default. No thanks.

9. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Yeah you gotta pay close attention to your setup routine. Developers are getting really sneaky about putting toolbars and crap you dont want if you aren't careful. I just installed freemake today and I am very happy with it. I read the setup windows and caught the "advanced setup" which allows you to opt out of the extraneous bs .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds