White screen during startup for Win XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by NinjaPolar, Dec 16, 2014.

1. NinjaPolar

NinjaPolar Private E-2

Hi everybody,

For the past few weeks, this problem has been persisent everyday. I have been getting a gray white screen the moment I start up my computer. After that it will starts to gradually fade into white screen. My keyboard won't work at all so I can't boot from disk at all. I will add in more details below.

Background
    I have been using this Acer PC for at least five years and I have never encountered this problem before. I have been consistently using Window Xp for as long as I can remember. I'm using Service Pack 3 now. This problem began about three weeks ago.

Symptoms
    When this problem first begin about three weeks ago, the moment I boot up my PC, my screen will be grayish white and sometimes I will be able to see the Acer startup screen, and sometimes I can see the typical bootup screen, and sometimes it is just a grayish white screen. Then, the screen will starts to slowly fade into total whiteness. My keyboard won't work at all when this happens.

Recently, about three or four days ago, I believe it got worst. My PC will boot up showing a black screen, and then my monitor light will be blinking continuously. Then, I need to reboot the computer repeatedly before it shows the grayish white screen problem. I think I have rebooted my PC over 10 times.

Temporary solution
    My only temporary solution was to restart my PC about ten times before it will return to normal working condition. I'm getting tired of rebooting my PC over 10 times just to get it working normally. This is the best solution I have so far and I have tried a couple of solutions (limited to the resources that I have) already from googling such as checking the cable etc. The other solution would be buying a new PC together, but this isn't really a good solution because I might meet this problem in the future, even with my new PC.

My resources
    I don't have any extra external monitor and my graphic card are built-in together with the motherboard, if that helps you to understand more. The only thing I can give you is answers to your question(s) that will help you to help me solve this problem.

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Acer make or model number, I imagine it is a laptop as you mention external monitor. Sounds like it is an older machine, 5 years. You could try to boot with a live CD in the optical drive. Have you tried starting it in safe mode? It helps to know the model number as some PC's, not necessarily Acer PC's, are poorly manufactured due to, as an example, substandard solder used during the manufacturing of the motherboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds