ATI AIW 9600XT problem, missing desktop icons

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by captncrunch, Dec 27, 2004.

1. captncrunch

captncrunch Private E-2

I installed the ATI AIW 9600xt today and eveything seems to work ok except the desktop icons and the items in the toolbar are either gone or distorted. The writing is still below the icons but the picture is gone. Whats up with that??

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

sounds like active desktop got corrupted somehow ... try enabling/disabling it

3. captncrunch

captncrunch Private E-2

Thanks for the reply, but did not work. Wierd problem, dont know what caused it but will keep trying

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

did you use driver cleaner 3.3 to remove all previous display drivers? Run DC3.3 first and remove them; then reinstall your display drivers. I reccommend downloading the newest drivers and have em on your desktop before running DC3.3

5. captncrunch

captncrunch Private E-2

nope just the add/remove programs and removed all ati software but I will try this, Thanks

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

keep us posted

7. captncrunch

captncrunch Private E-2

I reinstalled windows and everything works fine! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds