i know nothing about computers

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bdww, May 28, 2008.

1. bdww

bdww Private E-2

i know nothing about computers,and i need help,i have a yellow warning sign and cockroaches on my screen,i also have both norton anti virus and avast,run both of the on and off line and get nothing what more can i do

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Welcome to MG's. :wave
    You've come to the right place.
    Perform the steps in this Read Me, completely and then post the logs asked for in the Malware Forum.
    They''ll take care of those bugs for you.
    READ & RUN ME FIRST

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

4. bdww

bdww Private E-2

should i uninstall my norton and avast

5. bdww

bdww Private E-2

i may need all kinds of help

6. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I WANT COCKROACHES ON MY SCREEN!

how you do dat?

7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

If you do as Musksnipe says and do the malware removal it will give you full instructions and then the malware fighters will be able to help you.

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

There's some special sites you go to for that, Pax...then you just start clicking. :-D

Welcome and good luck bdww. What you have is definitely malware. Follow the instructions musksnipe gave you. They are very well written and not hard to follow.
    You should Not be running two antivirus programs.

9. bdww

bdww Private E-2

you can have mine,i dont want them anymore

10. LauraR

LOL

Took me a sec to realize you were referring to Paxton wanting cockroaches. :-D

11. bdww

bdww Private E-2

im still trying to figure this thing out when it comes to computers im not to smart

12. LauraR

13. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

"...so easy - even a Caveman could do it!" :p

Just run the procedures for your operating system and have SuperantiSpyware & MalwareBytes "fix" what they find...and continue on with the rest of the procedures. Attach all logs to the thread you start in the Malware Removal Forum.

dr.m ;)

14. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

15. ynot

ynot Private First Class

Welcome to MG's

16. bdww

bdww Private E-2

thats fine ,i can take it,i want to learn all i can but money stands in my way to

17. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Finally.. I had a cockroach on my computer the other day.. It looked like this.

[​IMG]

And there were voices coming out of it's butt.. LOL

18. bdww

bdww Private E-2

oh really you are just to funny,hey thanks for all the help you people are giving me

19. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I believe Musk and Laura already gave you the best advice available on the internet..
    Have you tried any of that yet? No one's trying to push you away from the site.. take a deep breath..follow the instructions, and make like the Orkin Man.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds