Suddenly cannot connect to wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Plane Nuts, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Plane Nuts

Plane Nuts Private E-2

I have a Netgear WGT624v3 router that I've been running for a few years now. We have 3 PCs that run wirelessly from it, and all of a sudden this afternoon, none of the PCs could connect anymore. They can all see the network being broadcast, but they won't connect. On one of the laptops, when I try to connect it, it says it can't connect because the network is shown as hidden. I cannot find any settings in the router that would hide the network. And as I said, all computers can see the network, and show it as a 100% signal. I changed nothing in the router settings, or on any of the computers, leading up to the problem. Since the problem started, I removed the WEP key protection from the network and reset the connection requirements on each PC, but they still won't connect.

2. DunnD

DunnD Private E-2

Are you using Windows to manage the wireless connections? I'd try connecting letting the wireless adapter software for the card on the laptop manage the wireless connection. Sometimes windows can be hookie.

To change: Right Click on the wireless connection, select view available networks, under related tasks (on the left) select change advance settings, select the wireless networks tab, uncheck use windows to configure my wireless network settings.

NOTE: Make sure the adapter software is installed. Once you uncheck, press Fn and F8 at the same time to turn on the radio, the software (intel, etc) should appear.

If this doesn't work repost.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds