Flash Resume Video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jonathan03, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jonathan03

jonathan03 Private E-2

I have decided to create a flash resume video. I was wondering if anyone else has ever done this? If so, how did it turn out? Would you be willing to provide a link?

My goal is to make a resume with pictures. The standard resume format does not allow for picutres and longer descriptions. I am looking for a co-op at the college that I go to and they force everyone to use a similar resume format. I am hoping that a flash CD would demonstrate something other than the basic resume.

I am knowledgeable about flash, but I could use some help on some good colors that seem professional (I guess I can't use tie die for this video :p). I am looking for an engineering job, so abstract art and things like that proably wouldn't be the best. I am thinking of a simple and clear design.

Thanks for the help.

2. SilverD

SilverD Private E-2

I have seen Flash resumes on the business card cd's. I have done a resume/portfolio in Director and put it on a cd. I didn't know Flash then.

The content should reflect what you know and do and how you wish to present yourself. The colors should also reflect how you wish to come across so select them based on that. Professional/Engineering maybe browns, black and gray, I dunno, maybe blue and gray...

3. jonathan03

jonathan03 Private E-2

How did the recuiter/interviewer respond to your movie on the CD? I'm just owndering if they even take the time to look at it. IMO, they would look at it just because they never got one before ;-) I think the best chance for them to look at it is after the first interview.

Also, have you ever got a job where you handed out your video? I'm just wondering about its effect. I know that a video would be most beneficial if your an art/graphics student, but I have some good screen shots of software I made that can go on the CD. I'm just not sure how impressed the recruiter would be and if its worth the time to make. I already started on one, so I guess I'm going to find out. :p

Last, if anyone wants to trade resume videos I would be willing to. Just send me a pm. Right now my video is a little less than half done. I'd rather do it in a pm so the contact info isn't posted all over.

4. SilverD

SilverD Private E-2

Actually, I "cold call" sent it, didn't get a job but got great feedback...
    For the interview is a good idea, it got expensive sending them all out. No matter what field you are in it is a great idea and certainly what the near future will expect so do it now and be ahead of the game. [​IMG]

PM me, I'd like to see. Mine was here but don't think it is anymore. [​IMG] If you really REALLY want to see it, I'll mail it to you. [​IMG]

5. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yep, I have multi-media business cars, but only give them to important clients. Adding to other people's junk C.D. collection isn't very productive.

Send it with a resume, but not by itself, i.m.o.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds