My computer shuts down while playing Tibia..

Discussion in 'Software' started by lilbraun35, Aug 11, 2010.

1. lilbraun35

lilbraun35 Private E-2

My comp shuts down while playing Tibia usually within 5-15 mins , I dont know why this is happening and could use some help.. Im not very Techy about comps so use some understandable terms.. Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Had to look what Tibia was and now know its an onlien MMORPG, so some info to help us help you is below.

Please answer all to the best you can....

1. What Windows version and service pack are you using?
    2. What PC do you have if its a OEM PC like DELL, HP etc then please mention its Make and Model version, should be a code on the PC somewhere.
    2a. If its a home build PC then please tell us some specs of the PC? and the below will help in this, just run and attach the log as mentioned.

Questions 2 and 2a are to give us some idea of your PC is well within the spec needed to run the game.

3. Have you updated your drivers, especially your graphic card ones to the latest available for your PC or card?
    4. Do you get any error messages when your PC shuts down, if so what are they in full? you can look in the Event Viewer logs in Application or System for an error at the time of the crash that can hold clues, again copy them to a notepad text file and attach as per these instructions HERE
    5. Is the room you are in warm/hot as an over heating PC can cause a random shutdown, so please tell us the temps of your CPU and GPU (graphics card) and use this application to find those HERE
    6. Have you scanned for malware?

3. lilbraun35

lilbraun35 Private E-2

Its running on windows Vista , service pack 2.

I have a Gateway Model DX4800-05e..

I do not think I have updated my Drivers or grpahics card.. but then again not sure.

No error messages just automatic black screen..

Yes the room im in is hot ac is broken atm will be fixd today..

No viruses. etc

4. lilbraun35

lilbraun35 Private E-2

Please Help !

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

We'll try. But you need to try all things Halo suggested first, since there's a good chance they will help. For example, if you don't know whether you have the latest drivers, go to Gateway's website and find out. If you don't, update them, especially the graphics drivers.

Your computer barely meets the minimum requirements for the game you want to run. Are you keeping every single graphics setting to the lowest possible and turning off everything else so that no other program is running?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds