outlook 2003 how to set up home email to accsess work email server

Discussion in 'Software' started by ExcellentEdges, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ExcellentEdges

ExcellentEdges Private E-2

hey guys im trying to set up outlook 2003 for some one and they need to retreive there work email from home there using windows vista but everything at the work office is XP i have no idea what the email server address is as its running exchange server so the address is blah.blah.local if some one could tell me how i can find out what the actuall mail server address is that would be great thanks guys

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

that's not something that just anyone will know. That person will have to get the info from their work, I'm sure someone else knows it.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Have your friend ask the IT administrator for the info.

4. ExcellentEdges

ExcellentEdges Private E-2

well i have access to the server at work but i cant find the settings on the server anywhere the server is using windows server 2003 anyone know where abouts i would find the email settings ??

5. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

check the settings in the email client you are using at work, i'm guessing outlook? should be under mail settings/account settings, and look for something about pop3 mail server, or imap. and there might be different ones for incoming and outgoing.

6. DippnCope

DippnCope Private E-2

If he was one of my users he would need to vpn in to my network first and then and only then could he access the exchange server with outlook. Have him check with his IT staff. the may have a webmail section he could use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds