dragging files = application?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Driber, May 2, 2005.

1. Driber

Driber Guest

whenever I drag a file from either one place to another place on my desktop, or dragging it to another application (to attach the file to an e-mail for example), the windows task manager says that there is actually an application running for it while you are dragging the file

is this normal? I mean, isn't drag & drop a normal part of windows like rightclicking?

[​IMG]

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

That is normal occurence

3. Driber

Driber Guest

thanks. another question: can I get rid of that message you get on windows boot after you changed something in msconfig?
    it *does* give you the option to check the box "don't display this message again", but then when you change something ELSE in msconfig, I get that message again

4. DavidGP

what you actually changing in msconfig? as this is more a diagnostic util rather than a perminent fix, which is why you get that message.

If its startups then either a Registry Cleaner can remove those from the startup RUN hives or MS Antispyware can block them.

5. Driber

Driber Guest

well I sometimes toggle start-up items on and off in msconfig, so I KNOW I changed something in msconfig, therefore I don't need to be reminded of it every time.

6. DavidGP

That is why something like MS Antispyware or Windows Satrtup Inspector that can disable selectively the startup apps so if you want them back at amy time you can do without the message.

or there is this .vbs script that needs to be run after every change to msconfig that can block the message http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_nomsconfig.htm NOTE: While I have used many of Doug Knox's tweaks and fixes I have not used this one as I generally remove unwanted startups from the regisrty.

7. Driber

Driber Guest

I'll have a look at that, thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds