Can someone help the idiot please?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BrandonB, Apr 10, 2006.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB Private E-2

Ok.. well.. I've been trying to help a buddy with his computer. He had a corrupt windows 2000 install. So I poped in the disk.. repartitioned (went from 2 to 1),,, formatted the new partition.. installed windows.. reboot.. It showed I had two copys of windows installed? Wtf?

Alright.. So.. Apperently the formatt didn't work correctly.. time to try something different. I poped the Hd in my computer.. formatted from XP.. and got the dreaded ntldr missing message. Erm.. ok. Went into the bios .. changed the cdrom to the primary boot deivice.. restarted. (thinking it would boot from the cd and let me formatt again. Wrong. All it will do is pop up the error message.

I have no floppy drives in my house. (my computer has always booted off cd's fine) and my moms computer is a newish gateway that doesn't come with one.

SO uh.. Where did I go horribly wrong and how can I fix it? lol

2. BrandonB

BrandonB Private E-2

Well.. after a couple more reboots.. all of a sudden it will boot from the cd.

Guessing the cdrom is deciding to take a dump while I have it.. great...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds