Log onto Facebook using TOR.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onegoodman, Mar 1, 2012.

1. onegoodman

onegoodman Private First Class

This was interesting, and to log on I had to Identify about ten people in my friends list.
    Afterwards I received two E-mails.

Hi .,

A new device named "It's MEEE" logged into your Facebook account (Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 6:26pm) from Bucharest, B, RO (IP=109.163.233.200). (Note: This location is based on information from your ISP or wireless provider.)

This device has been added to your account.

Was this you? If so, you can disregard the rest of this email.

If this wasn't you, please follow the link below to protect your Facebook account information:
    https://www.facebook.com/checkpoint/checkpointme?u=100000119034381&n=tKJH9Wnf

To learn how login notifications like this one can help you to protect your account information, visit the Help Center: http://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=loginnotifications.
    Please note: Facebook will never request your login information through email.

Thanks,
    The Facebook Team

Dear ,

Your Facebook account was recently logged into from a computer, mobile device or other location you've never used before. For your protection, we've temporarily locked your account until you can review this activity and make sure no one is using your account without your permission.

Did you log into Facebook from a new device or an unusual location?

- If this was not you, please log into Facebook from your computer and follow the instructions provided to help you control your account information.

- If this was you, there's no need to worry. Simply log into Facebook again to get back into your account.

For more information, visit our Help Center here:
    http://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=account_recovery

Thanks,
    Facebook Security Team

Tor dose really work.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I think social media sites that are popular like FB are increasingly having to step up their security and bouncing off proxies as TOR will do, will likely flag up to them ( I dont know 100% as I dont work for them but its an educated guess) and thus suspend your account unless you can prove who you are.

Is it a good thing well YES in a way as too many freaks are on FB and other social media and if you need to hide ( I do see the security benefits of hiding on the net as a devils advocate position) then you have something to hide in a way.... the reasons are vast from illegal activities to paedophilia to name a few.

Interesting topic and thanks for posting :) as we have a balanced from personal privacy to what is deemed inappropriate actions "possibly" on the net these days.

3. onegoodman

I was just interested in how TOR works. Allot of Journalists use this overseas so, The governments can't tell who they are.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes its a great tool and I do use OperaTor (old version as new doesnt support TOR) a bit as its more secure when on free wifi connections when I'm not at home and travelling for work, but I also use Kubuntu when working away and needing to use not known wifi.

Just some as I mention social networks dont like proxies.

5. onegoodman

I just removed TOR. I don't have anything to hide, and I was Just experimenting with it.
    It's nice to know if you need absolute security, Their is a way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds