I am looking for a program that can tell me if files have been edited?

Discussion in 'Software' started by breadbin, Mar 7, 2005.

1. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

Hi I am looking for a file monitor type program that can tell me what files have been edited, deleted etc. I suppose you would run it first to take a snap shot of the hard disk and then I want to be able to see what files have been added, deleted or edited etc. Does anyone know any programs like this? Thanks I am looking for shareware for windows 98 I suppose.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

go to Start> Search (it might be called Find Files or Folders on 98, I forget).

in any case, run a blank search for "All files and folders". as the results come up, you can auto sort them date modified.

if you want some advanced feature, you might shed a little light onto what you are trying to do so we can get a good idea

3. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

thanks for the reply, I had forgotten about that. I am trying to crack a shareware program at the moment and just in case I cannot, I would like to be able to reset the timed evaluation period whenever so I can use it all the time. This particular program doesn't use the registry but I found in fact it makes a file in my system directory. But I found that out by chance really. There was a thing called WinXIOMonitor or FileMonitor that did it but only for Win98 or 95. No updates for that. If you know of any let me know, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds