AC97 C-Media Drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ctrl-Alt-Del, May 7, 2006.

1. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

Tried looking everywhere for an AC97 C-Media Audio Device driver, but I can't figure out which driver I need.

Hell, I don't even know if I need new drivers or not, but I need to sort this out to eliminate it is a problem.

Here is the text from my dxdiag report regarding sound drivers:

I can't figure out which of the drivers on here:
    http://www.cmedia.com/driverdownload/e_tech_01.htm
    Are the correct ones.

Can anyone make sense of the above and help me find the right driver?

2. Komodo25

Komodo25 Private First Class

Whats your Mothboard Model and Serial number? If you dont know download Belarc and copy and paste it back here

3. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

System Model

VIA Technologies, Inc. KT400-8235
    Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a

2.07 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b

Board: KT400-8235
    Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 04/21/2003

These were the first three parts, minus the operating system info (XP service pack 2, build 2600)

4. Komodo25

Ok...Belarc isn't showing the motherboard manufacturer...Try Everest Home Edition then click on Computer...Summery...in there look and see what it says beside Motherboard name then post back here

P.S. Do you have the Motherboard manual and CD? If so the name should be on those
    Have you recently reinstalled Windows? If yes did you install the 4 in one drivers first?

5. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

Accoring to the manual, it is a BN792AL Lex Motherboard (I believe) with
    VIA KT400A chipset.

It has an integrated AC'97 CODEC and integrated AC'97 Digital Audio contoller.

These are just read off the manual. I'll post Everest's findings once I get it installed.

6. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

7. Komodo25

8. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

Thanks for finding them. They don't appear to have solved the problem I was having, but at least I confirmed it wasn't new sound drivers.

9. Komodo25

What problem are you trying to resolve?

10. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del Private E-2

It was a sound issue with Oblivion, when the sounds went ear-splittingly awry during certain times.

Currently, I've got it solved by turning down the hardware acceleration on the sound options through dxdiag so I need to remember to do this when I play oblivion.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds