Thanks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by s13sr20chris, Jun 19, 2012.

1. s13sr20chris

s13sr20chris Private E-2

Hello All,

I have been reading your stickies for a month or so. I found them so helpful that I decided to register so that I might express my gratitude.

I have no serious issues with my computer, but it has not ever been fast. I only bought it in January. It is a Toshiba Satellite (laptop) C655. The specs are...
    intel b960 2.2ghz
    4 gb RAM (plus readyboost 16gb class 6 sd card for my cache)
    500gb hard drive
    Win 7 home premium 64bit

I bought it for school (over the internet). Initially, I attributed the poor performance to buying a cheap computer and library wifi. After performing many of the steps in the various stickies (like de-crappifying a new computer) I found the speed to be better. I still blame library wife, budget processor, and low rpm laptop disc for some performance issues; however, it just is not as bad. In particular, using google chrome browser and uninstalling various toshiba apps has shortened boot time and load times.

Its funny, when I went to walmart, I thought I had found a real bargain. The last computer I paid for had a whopping 1gb hard drive, 3.5 floppy, and processor speed was measured in hundreds of mhz! How things have progressed.

Thanks Again,
    Chris

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Glad to know we were of service to you. Stick around. ;)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Chris

Thanks for posting and giving feedback to the site its apprieciated alot, there are quite a few things you can do with your PC to speed it up and if you post in our software forum area if you need help with this then do so as I and others do have some great tips.

again thanks for the feedback Chris
    David

4. s13sr20chris

s13sr20chris Private E-2

Yeah, I read most of the stickies. My laptop is much quicker now. I had no idea that the factory software slowed her down so much. It's really nice to have a listing of utility downloads that do not contain malware.

Thanks again,
    chris

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Be sure to check out MG: Top Freeware Picks

6. s13sr20chris

s13sr20chris Private E-2

good call. just got complete system care.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds