Hello...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by KitFaie, Jan 16, 2013.

1. KitFaie

KitFaie Private E-2

Hi, I have been using this sight for information and help for a while now, and decided to make a profile. I am in need of help, though I want to read more threads before I ask it in a thread.
    Also wanted to see how making a thread works, feels, and is.
    -Kit

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, KitFaie, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

You've come to the right place for help. Take your time, pick the support forum that you think best suits your needs and feel free to ask questions.

Good luck!

3. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hello and welcome KitFaie. :wave

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Kit

Welcome to the forum, a basic rule of thumb is to think of the issue your having and what area of the PC does this affect, is it malware, software, hardware etc, the armed with this its best to give us enough information about the issue you are having

If its malware we have a Read and RunMe guide to run first which gets your PC to a known state and gains a few logs that can highlight the malware issue.

If its other issues then do give us some basic info like....

Windows Version and Service Pack
    What software is affected
    What error messages you have gained and if so what was the error in full
    Did you install any new software or update drivers before this happened.
    Does the issues happen in safe mode
    If you can recreate the issue how did you do this .. Step by Step
    What you have done already to fix this the issue.

These questions and answers in the correct forum area will give you some great tailored answers from those members of ours that can help you.... do not post any questions in the Welcome forum areas as they may not get the best answer or be answered at all, until one of us admins move it to the right area.

I do hope this helps you in figuring out this forum, what you need to know is that we have some great knowledgeable members who work in the IT industry or are enthusiasts that can really help you with clear simple replies.

5. KitFaie

KitFaie Private E-2

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming. :)
    I apologize DavidGP.... I sent a thank you email, because I couldn't figure out how to get back to my thread... Than I realized there is a link in my email...
    Thank you, very much, I managed to fix the problem on my computer by following all the advice on the support forum's, and doing the steps properly. :) The silly thing is working properly now! It was taking 3-4 minutes to load anything, and if I tried to open more than two tabs, the internet shut down. -_-; I beleive it must have been malaware or something... because Combofix, Microsoft Security Essentials, ESET online and GTtool managed to fix the problem. :)
    Thank you again, I work from home, so my computer not working was quite the thorn in my side.
    -KitFaie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds