error message problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by popskb, Mar 2, 2005.

1. popskb

popskb Private E-2

I have a computer that has windows xp, pentium III, 30 gig hd, and 256 ram. I was given a Rowill RD-162 dvd read/writere for a present and was able to write a dvd after having decoded it using DVD Decriptor program and writing it with the clone DVD 2 program. Since then, I have tried to copy other dvds and during the writng phase, I get an error message ( error dvd #9) which stops the writng process and ruins my dvd. the blank dvd's I am using are Legacy dvd-R 4.7 GB. Any ideas what to do at this point?

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

What software are you using to burn the DVD?
    I think this is a software problem and not a hardware problem, so if an admin could move it please :D

3. Olley

Olley Sergeant

You could try it with dvds of a different brand...sometimes some of them just dont work for certain drives...or try another burning software

4. popskb

popskb Private E-2

I kind of came to that conclusion myself. It's either the burning program or the dvd's Im using to burn them on. Can you give me an idea about what burning programs are available. The Clone DVD program came with the Dvd burner.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds