Sharing a FIle

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sudz_Guy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Sudz_Guy

Sudz_Guy Private E-2

Hi, I've searched the forum with no great success, my question is, what's the easiest way to share a file that is 1.5 GB with a friend online? Somebody recommended MSN messenger but I don't think there's a pause resume function in that and it would be super slow. Anyway, suggestions please!

2. Sudz_Guy

Sudz_Guy Private E-2

Hmmm, might work, but my email only lets me send attachments of i think 25 or 50 MB, definitely not big enough for a 1.5 GB file (it's a family video thing I'm trying to send to relatives). Is there some free e-mail service that will allow attachments that large?

3. bind

bind Private E-2

1.5 GB is pretty big and even in compressed form, it's still too big. Even if you're able to get that past your mail server, your relatives' mail server will most likely reject it. You're better off sending them a DVD copy or maybe send them a lower quality video file.

4. btw

btw Private E-2

I second the dvd idea! Burn it to a dvd, then just mail it to them. they will probably get it faster that way anyways. That way, you can verify that the dvd works before you send it off.

Bryan

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds