Free Nero Update v. 5.5 [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Mar 11, 2004.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone
    I have just received the latest update for the above. I did not think Ahead were going to update this software anymore so that is a bonus to us all """ENJOY"""
    Free Nero Update v. 5.5

Free Nero Update v. 5.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero551056.exe [11-3-04]
    Free Nero Update v. 5.5
    Please Note:

The update CANNOT be used for upgrading to a higher Nero version (e.g. not from Nero 5 to Nero 6), just to update to the latest available version within one sequence: e.g. from Nero 5.5.9.5 to Nero 5.5.10.42

Free Nero 5.5 Update

the update can be used for updating from any previous installed Nero 5.5
    http://www.nero.com/en/631933457317970.html

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  2. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

Thanks Nick. That is some good news. D/ling now. :)

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Thanks for the info Nick. I'm downloading now. I had 5.5.10.54. Anyone know what was changed in this 5.5.10.56 version?

4. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Saw too many reports about bugs and problems using it. Especially when trying to burn DVDs. Not sure where all that stands now. But since I did not have any problems with what I was using....well you know..."if it ain't broken, don't fix it". :rolleyes:

Edit: Hmmm! Speak of the devil. See http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29542

Wonder what version is being used?

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi chaslang
    As far as i am aware this update provides more support for a wider range of drives. It also has better support of windows media files. I must point out that this is my own personal view point and experience of Nero. Hopefully another member will have something further to add on what this update included :)

6. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I'm just wondering why this update is special. Weren't all the old Nero 5.5.x.x versions available for download usable for updates?

7. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

A lot of us recieved Nero 5x with our burners. I like it, and upgrades are free up to the 6.0 version. I don't feel the need to spend $ when 5x works just fine.

8. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

That is correct and Nick did point this out

9. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

That's not what it sounds like at all. He did say " the update can be used for updating from any previous installed Nero 5.5", but in saying that he also implies that this is a unique property of this update. That's not true. You've always been able to download the current version of Nero 5.5.x.x -- the demo version on the website -- and it would update your existing full copy to the newest version.

So, again, I ask: what's the point of the thread? Except for notification that an update is available, there's no new information.

10. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Yeah Hi Da Chicken
    I misread your question, i cant speak for Nick in his interpretation of this update,but from what i gather hes just informing any one who has a 5.5 xx
    version that a newer update is now available to download.
    A lot of people thought there would be no further support for this version since Ahead have moved on to version 6, so anyone currently using this software may not have bothered checking for updates.

Nick does a real good job here keeping us guys informed of updates for many programs,hardware drivers, windows updates etc and i cant speak for everybody but its much appreciated by myself and long may it continue.

So to answer your question, the point is just simply notification of a program update nothing more nothing less

11. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Oh, I know that. I can see his activity in the anti-virus forum. :) It just seemed a bit odd to me, I guess. And that's what I assumed it was, until this thread got all kinds of attention. Then I was just confused.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds