Home Network problems - can't ping address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shallow_Grave, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Shallow_Grave

Shallow_Grave Private E-2

Hi All, I have a PC 192.168.1.33, notebook 192.168.1.36, modded XBOX 192.168.1.34 all connected to a ADSL WLAN router 192.168.1.1: both PC and notebook run XP Home - to complicate matters the notebook is in German. I have been trying to set up a home network with no success so I decided to test all the connections and found that I can't ping the notebook from the PC. But I can FTP from both the Notebook and the PC to the XBOX. Huh???

I have tried shutting the firewalls, have set the router firewalls allow this traffic and yet am still pingless. I don't get it. Please help! Or direct me to a good guide.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds