keyboard keys

Discussion in 'Software' started by lavi, Aug 6, 2009.

1. lavi

lavi Private E-2

we have a dell inspiron1318 computer and it keeps beeping when i type somthing and all keys expcept fn make that beep sound.
    steps i tried
    1) if audio is muted no beeps
    2)tried cmd>net stop beep- nogo
    3)tried device manager>View -> Show Hidden Devices -> Non Plug and Play -> Beep -> Right click and select Disable-nogo
    4) no key seems to be struck however reseated keyboard to check-nogo

is there anything else i can do?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Found this for a Dell Inspiron

3. lavi

lavi Private E-2

hi
    thanks for replying abck
    but as you know dell computers its f2 to go to setup and when we go to 2nd page no option for keyboard

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Not for all Dells. I own a Dell that uses F12 to get into the setup.
    I simply posted what worked for an Inspiron that someone was using at the time the article was posted.

Since the info for the Inspiron did not apply to your Dell (and of course would not apply to one of my Dells), did you look around while you were in the BIOS? Just because it was on page 2 in some Dell setups, we can't assume that this particular setting will always be located on page two.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds