Gmail Garbled

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrandPa Bob, Aug 25, 2014.

1. GrandPa Bob

GrandPa Bob Private E-2

When I open my Gmail account, it is all garbled, full of code as well as part messages. I can access my account through my wife's Gmail but I can't unscramble mine any other way. Have not made any changes to my computers (using Windows XP on one and Windows 8 on the other.) Any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

What I would be tempted to do is to delete the temporary files and cookies from your browser/s and close and restart the browser and try again.

What browser are you using and does this happen on both PCs the XP and Win8 one?
    Do you and your wife have different login Windows accounts on the actual PCs or do you share a Windows account and just login online to gmail?

Possible you could try this also https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22840?hl=en but may not be the main problem you are having but a workaround.

3. GrandPa Bob

GrandPa Bob Private E-2

Using Chrome browser. This condition is the same for both PCs which operate using Windows XP (desktop) and Windows 8 (laptop). My wife and I share a Windows account and login to our .own gmail.
    This was an" all of a sudden" event as no new software was installed, no changes made to my systems at all.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would if not already clear temps and cookies in Chrome, but also try Internet Explorer as a test to see if the same issue is in that browser, this helps narrow the issue to a browser or your Google account, especially as on the same PCs your wifes gmail is ok from your earlier comment.

Reason I mention cookies and temps is that while your wifes gmail is fine and yours not, the issue could be as simple as a corrupt cookie as for the two accounts logon they will be different files. using another Browser will also create new different cookies and temps, so this as well rules out the simple steps first.

5. GrandPa Bob

GrandPa Bob Private E-2

Deleted temp files and cookies but no change. Tried using Internet Explorer but no change either. Finally opened the desktop icon, pressed "Properties" and changed URL to proper address. OK now. Thanks for trying to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds