my games keep crashing, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by l0gick, Feb 5, 2007.

1. l0gick

l0gick Private E-2

the computer i'm using has had a problem recently where windows seems to simply crash in the middle of a game. there is no lag, pause or error message, and the computer simply goes black and begins booting windows again, no shut down process at all.

admittedly some of the games i'm playing are just beyond this computer's abilities, but they never used to crash the game before, and it seems to be every game i try to play now. these are the specific games that have crashed in this manner:

-Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    -Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade
    -Age of Empires III
    (since the first incident, every game played on this computer has crashed this way.)

Any ideas on what i should try to prevent the problem? Any opinions are welcome.

2. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I don't suppose you've recently upgraded anything?

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Warhammer Dark Crusade was doing the same thing to me.
    It was a corrupted save file (assuming such a thing exists)
    loading or saving to that particular file would result in a restart.
    Deleted that file, havent had any problems since

4. peteblakemore

peteblakemore Private E-2

5. ynot

ynot Private First Class

Hi there i had a problem with age of empires 2 but after looking on web i updated my graphics card driver and this sorted the problem.

6. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

This thread WAS over a year old...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds