Windows Logon Process Terminated

Discussion in 'Software' started by adamlange, Feb 22, 2007.

1. adamlange

adamlange Private E-2

Last night, my computer froze and I couldn't get out of it, so I had to turn off the computer manually. When I started the computer again, I logged into the Administrator account (this is the only account I can log into). Immediately after I clicked on "Log In," I got the blue screen with this message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
    0x000001e (0x00000000 0x00000000).

The error message just flashes on the screen and the computer immediately begins to restart. This same process happens over and over again and I can't get anywhere. Any ideas?

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Have you installed any new software before your last restart?

Any new hardware recently?

Try rebooting, right before Windows starts to load press 'F8', on your keyboard, you should see several options. Try "Last Known Good Configuration" and see if that works. If not, reboot, press 'F8' again and try "Safe Mode".

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I agree. :)

This is about the third or forth one lately, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be Malware related. VX2 or something similar.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds