whats this

Discussion in 'Software' started by JohnNitro, Sep 1, 2004.

1. JohnNitro

JohnNitro Private First Class

3d Traceroute - [2004-06-04 | Freeware | 1.2 Mb | Win All | 25643]
    A full blown three dimensional traceroute program.

and what this ping pong this it talking about

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

This software allows you to track the path that a packet of data from your pc takes when you connect to a host website, each part of the journey is called a hop and their can be a few or many hops depending on the route taken.. it also allows you to see if there are any slow points along the way.

ping is as per this

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ping&r=67

3. JohnNitro

so is it a good thing to have

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

yes and no

its useful to use if you are having problems accessing a particular site and it may give you clues as to where on the route you are being dropped... not much you can do to fix it tho.

5. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Very useful thing to have, doesn't need to be this particular proggy but I find a lot of tools like this can be very useful for tracking down spammers and script kiddies. Another good one is Sam Spade

6. JohnNitro

will it make my internet run faster....

I'm using a winME
    can you guys help me on how to speed my internet up

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Double posting doesn't help. It only confuses things, and replies. Keep plugging away with your earlier thread

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41197
    and we will get there eventually. There is no magic bullet that cures all ills. You have to eliminate stuff, one by one. Bazza

PS: It won't help your PC to run faster. It shows what routes and how many hops it takes to retrieve info. Most of which is beyond the control of the user once the info has left your PC, or is on it's way back from the site to your PC. Baz

===

8. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Hi John .. type ''Internet Booster'' in your search engine and take your choice.. I use www.alltheweb.com (SE)

9. JohnNitro

I look this up thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds