IP Address Blockers

Discussion in 'Software' started by dorilu, Nov 27, 2005.

1. dorilu

dorilu Private E-2

Can anyone recommend a good IP address blocking/cloaking/hiding program that actually works? I've tried a couple but all they did was mess up my IE browser to where I couldn't use it. Had to uninstall these programs to get back to normal.

I'm using...Win xp (sp2), IE 6.0, ram = 512

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou :rolleyes:

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Why are you wanting to hide your ip address.

3. star17

star17 MajorGeek

4. dorilu

dorilu Private E-2

Does it really matter why?
    Want to be anonymous when surfing is reason enough.
    Protecting my identity is another.

5. dorilu

dorilu Private E-2

Thanks for the info star17.
    Will check them out.

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

You're welcome...I'm pretty much into the privacy end of things myself. ;)

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

7. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Your right, i am sorry. I am just asked that so much anymore, and mostly it makes me think spammer right away. Usually i like for a reason to hide an ip address as just saying "How can i hide my ip address" just makes me think "Shadey character". Sorry but thats just me.

8. dorilu

dorilu Private E-2

Star17,

Do you use an IP blocker? If so, which one and are you happy with it?

9. dorilu

dorilu Private E-2

Colemanguy,

No problem. Just think that we should all have as much protection as possible from people getting access to our private info.

:)

10. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I used to use tor, it worked pretty great.

11. Blades

Blades Sergeant Major (Ret)

So which ISP BLOCKER works best w/o causing any probs on your end? I would like to change mine to the spammers relatives house ;) Thanks in advance...Blades

12. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

hi, i'm into pc security/anonymity also and I use Tor. The link has all ready been provided but it really does work and is pretty easy to setup. I even have a firefox addon called "Tor Button" which is just an easy way to toggle Tor ON/OFF while surfing using Firefox. You can get this nifty little addon here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2275/

Regards,
    phil

13. Blades

Blades Sergeant Major (Ret)

Phil. thanks for your help..tried to absorb( their installation and set up sounds confusing, maybe something lost in translation?) TOR but , i am using NS 7.2, I have firefox & thunderbird...but prefer NS 7.2..been doing some searching for a PRG that will be easy to use W/O to many complications and compatible with NS 7.2. IF I find something that works I will post it......ANYONE ELSE?

14. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Hey blades next time, start a new topic instead of bringing up year old threads. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds