Admin Rights

Discussion in 'Software' started by CDI, Jan 8, 2009.

1. CDI

CDI Private E-2

I use Vista on my machine and am trying to install itunes but as it gets to the end of the installation it comes up with an error that it cannot access a certain Registry key and has this message :

"Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personel."

I am the owner of the computer and the Administrator. What do I have to do to gain access?

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

You need to install it under administrator privileges.
    When you have the" install ëx"icon on the screen RIGHT click it and in the drop down select "run as administrator" and that should do the trick.

3. CDI

CDI Private E-2

Thanks for that Bill and I have just tried that. The installation started and then the screen did it's black thing and came up with :
    "This program needs your permission to continue"
    Nothing different about that so I clicked OK and the installation continued till it almost got to the end again and then once more the same error as before and the installation rolled back. So, no further forward I'm afraid.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am grasping at straws here,are you sure the program is Vista compatible?

5. CDI

CDI Private E-2

It's the latest version of Appple's itunes so it would be remarkable if it wasn't I think. This might have something to do with it but I don't know. In all three of the names listed the last item on the list "Special Permissions" is greyed out and I can't find out how to change it.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds